Wednesday 23 April 2014

St Georges Day Nail Art

Hey everyone! Can you believe it? I'm posting 2 days in a row! I guess it makes up for my lack of posting last week. So today in England is St Georges Day, which for those of you who dont know is the national day for England (although unfortunately it's not a holiday so we don't get a day off!). I've teamed up with Avon again to bring you some St George's Day nails and I really like how they came out, this is the first time I've managed anything near a realistic looking rose!


To create the flags I painted 2 coats of Avon - Real Red, and once that was dry I used striping tape to mark out a cross and then I used Avon - White over the top. Then I finished off with a coat of Seche Vite to seal in the design

For the roses I used Avon - White for the base, then I used Avon - Noir Emerald for the stem of the rose, and Avon - Real Red for the flower itself, mixed with Avon - White and Avon - Black, and again topped off with a coat of Seche Vite


What do you think? Let me know in the comments!
Alice

7 comments:

  1. These are great! I also did Saint George nails. Here in Catalunya we also celebrate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Avon White must be super opaque! I'm really impressed it was able to cover the red so effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! The roses are so detailed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty looks your manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very beautiful and neatly done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool and pretty designs how can we use gradient color in nail art ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. White and Red Combo is looking amazing look pretty manicure with red rose. but also I think you use red tape on white shade, tape can be remove when we wash hand.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read all your comments, they make my day! So please do not hesitate to tell me what you think, but I ask that you don't link spam to your blog in your comment, thankyou so much everyone!