Thursday 20 March 2014

Barry M Spring 2014 Gelly Hi Shine Collection Swatches and Review

Hey everyone! Today I have the gorgeous new Barry M spring Gelly Hi Shine collection to show you, these have been out for a few weeks but I finally got my hands on them and they're all gorgeous. You'll see some nail art in the next week or so using them because I just couldn't resist. There are 3 polishes in this collection so it's slightly smaller than their usual releases, but that just means that it's easier for you to afford the whole collection! You all know my love of pastels, especially blues, so it will be no surprise to you that I adore this collection, and you'll definitely be seeing these a lot more on my blog. More pictures and information after the jump!



First up is Sugar Apple*, this is a gorgeous pastel turquoise, this was 2 easy coats without topcoat



Next is Rose-Hip*, a beautiful pale pastel pink, this was 3 very thin coats but I could have probably got away with 2, and I really did debate leaving it with 2. This again was without topcoat



And finally is my favourite from the collection; Huckleberry*. Although, the name on my bottle appears to be a typo and reads 'Huckleburry' so I'm not sure what happened there. This was 3 thin coats, but it was the same situation as with Rose Hip. Again with no topcoat


Overall: I love this collection. There isn't that much difference between Huckleberry and Sugar Apple in the photos but it's a lot more noticeable in person. If you can afford it I'd definitely recommend getting all 3, but if you can only afford one then it would probably have to be Huckleberry that I recommend, purely because of my love of light blue polish. These are all amazingly shiny, as usual, and unless you're creating nail art you probably wont need to use a topcoat

These are available now at Barry M online or in Superdrug, Boots or larger Tesco stores for £3.99. Don't forget Boots have 3 for 2 on at the moment, so you could grab the whole collection!

What do you think? Let me know in the comments!
Alice

9 comments:

  1. OMG so cute colors <3 pink is the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors are beautiful :-) I would love to have them all (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all so pretty! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want Huckleberry quite badly! Will pick this up as soon as I see it I think!
    <a href="http://www.faceldn.com>Holly / Faceldn.com</a>

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like all of these shades, love the hi shine collection xx

    http://yougottabegorgeousx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great swatches! These nail polishes really suit you! Huckleberry is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the nail art you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty! Huckleberry is my favourite too :)
    Just reviewed these on my blog too!

    Sarah xx

    www.coloursofautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful swatches! These polishes look like candy on your nails - like pastel Smarties, perhaps. Rose-Hip looks especially edible... (Too weird to describe a stranger's nails as edible? Yes, probably.) I haven't bought a Barry M polish in a long, long time, but these are pretty hard to resist! Thanks for swatching :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read all your comments, they make my day! So please do not hesitate to tell me what you think, but I ask that you don't link spam to your blog in your comment, thankyou so much everyone!