Sunday 10 November 2013

Butter LONDON Colour Clash Collection, Autumn/Winter 2013

Hey everyone! I'm so excited to show you today's post, because I have a review of the absolutely gorgeous Butter LONDON Colour Clash collection. It's been a few months since I reviewed any Butter London polishes, and I'd almost forgotten how consistently amazing they are. I must admit I'm surprised that this is an autumn/winter collection, as they're very bright and colourful, and would probably be more suited to a summer collection. Nevertheless, I must admit I'm glad for a bit of brightness in amongst all the browns of autumn. The full review will be after the jump otherwise it may end up a bit long!



First up we have Giddy Kipper*, which is what can only be described as a 'blurple', or the more technical term, indigo. Unfortunately my camera failed to recognise that and decided it was just plain blue instead. Butter LONDON describe this as an 'opaque indigo shimmer', which works quite well, because in my mind shimmers aren't usually that opaque, and this certainly is. This was 2 very easy coats, no topcoat.



Next is Cake-Hole*, described by Butter London as 'an opaque, nearly neon pink crème'. However, I wouldn't say this is 'nearly neon' as it's definitely neon, as can be seen by the issues my camera had with focusing on its brightness! This was 2 easy coats (in that sense I guess it's very unlike a neon) and as you can see it dries almost matte, which I really like, but you can always add a topcoat if you prefer.



Next is Cotton Buds*, and I'm just going to say it straight out, this is the best white ever. Application is so easy, and it was completely opaque in just 2 coats. This is without topcoat. I love this so much!



Next we have Wellies*, an amazingly bright green. This is described as a 'green grass creme' by Butter LONDON but I think it's probably a bit too yellow to be reminiscent of grass. This was 3 coats, but I was definitely being over-cautious, you could easily get away with 2. 



Next is Silly Billy*, an 'opaque, fire orange creme' as Butter London describes. I love this colour, but I found application to be a bit tricky. I definitely would not call this polish a creme, it's more like a jelly. This was 3 coats without topcoat



And last but certainly not least is Pimms*. I saw a lot of yellows making an appearance in summer collections this year, and I'm certainly glad to see one in an autumn/winter collection too. I'm not a wearer of yellow polishes alone, but I'm certainly a fan of how they look. This was an incredibly easy 2 coats, without topcoat



Overall, I'm very impressed with this collection. The quality is excellent, and the colours are all absolutely amazing! What do you think? Let me know in the comments
Alice

9 comments:

  1. Wow these are beautiful! Definitely strange for a Fall collection, but hey, it's nice to see someone breaking the rules! I've not bought a BL polish yet because they fall a little out of my comfortable polish price range, but you sure make it tempting! Thanks for the swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! This autumn/winter collection is so so pretty!!! I love all colors and they seem perfect for everyday wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous!! Love the colours!! xx
    www.niminotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have expected these in the summer collection! But great to see some pop of colours for Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty colours! I love Cotton Buds (that white looks amaazing in your pictures) and Pimms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a beautiful collection, I love how bright everything is! Its nice having something bright to look at when winter is so dark and dreary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a gorgeous set of colours, I want them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply awesome Really interesting ,,brilliant post..thanks for sharing...!!!

    Hi,

    Very Very good and usable post. Thank's to share your experience with us. I will try to remember these tips in my blog commenting task.

    The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need!b Keep 'em coming... you all do such a great job at such Concepts... can't tell you how much I, for one appreciate all you do!

    Thanks

    100 Bad Credit Loans

    100 Cash Advance

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read all your comments, they make my day! So please do not hesitate to tell me what you think, but I ask that you don't link spam to your blog in your comment, thankyou so much everyone!